Since we develop custom products through our production system, we feel that the safe management of information, data and its sharing within our company is of the outmost importance. Therefore, we employ three different networks for data handling and production:
- Data Network Each of our workstation in our office is equipped with connection to the data network, thanks to which we’re able to send all the parameters and product data to the machines’ operators and we’re able to record and catalogue the measurements’ data and conduct the necessary checkups.
- Machine Network Èll the machines which provide a critical role in our production cycle are connected by a network, like autoclaves, turnstiles and grinders. This allows us to supervise the machines’ data collection in real time, even remotely.
- Machines Network Our measuring machines are connected to an independent network, which allows us to capture directly each measurement, from the machine to the data network, without the operator tyiping the data into the network.
Our production cycle can be briefly summarized as follows:
- Check-in Assessments: Rollers to coat We conduct an initial check up on 100% of the rollers we receive prior to the production process, which comprises over 70 assessments and measurements, all while registering the acquired data on the company’s data network.
During this phase, we disassemble the roller’s pads, trunks and other mobile parts, as they interfere with the manufacturing process.
- Check-in Assessments: Raw Materials We conduct a full check-up on 100% of the incoming batches of raw materials through a strict process of instrumental tests and later through the input and digitalization of the acquired data on the Data Network. We determine the suitability of each material for production only after a series of rigorous tests on their physical and chemical capabilities. On the bases of the tests’ results, we can determine what will be their manufacturing parameters during the various phases of our production cycle.
- Preservation of Raw Materials On average, the raw materials we employ during our production process have a fixed expiration period. Their conservation and storage take place in a storage facility at a controlled temperature and their handling is done with an efficient method of stock management.
- Metal parts Repair Service We’re offering an on-site repair service of eventual damaged or worn roller metal parts, aiming to restore the roller’s original features, measurements and tolerances.
- Stripping of old coating Our efficient technology allows us to completely strip the original coating from the roller without damaging or removing the metal parts underneath. This method protects the performance of the original metal parts, even after numerous coats.
- Coating application After applying the require adhesives, the coating is applied to the roller, in compliance to the previously agreed parameters on the network.
- Vulcanization The vulcanization phase is carried out inside an autoclave, paired with real-time control system and constant real-time recording of the production cycle’s parameters.
- Finishing We achieve our finishing with state-of-the art lathes and CNC grinding machines, which are always connected to our machine network. Having a station connected to the Data Network allows us to carry out the process with the right production parameters and to access a database of all the past product check-ups at all time. The programmability of our machinery allows us to achieve a high level of finishing customization even with the implementation of additional crowning, conicity, grooving etc.
- Final Check-up We implement quality control methods of 100% of the outcoming products.
The measurements and the data gathered during this final check-up are directly integrated in our system through the Measuring Machines network, without any need for the operator to input them, and our system allows us to automatically determine the product’s conformity to the client’s specifications previously agreed on.
- Packaging When required by our clients, we offer the application of a protective varnish to the exposed metal heads of the roller in order to protect them from metal oxidation and aging. Then, the roller will be wrapped up in a protective packaging film. Our special packaging division is dedicated and equipped to design custom packaging, like wooden boxes and pallets with supports, to allow the transport of our product with the highest level of safety and protection.